dinner tonight.



We had dinner tonight at Luke. We wanted to go earlier this week when the weather was calling for good soup, but our plans changed. So we went tonight, and the weather was still good for soup. Luke is probably the only French-style brasserie that serves matzoh ball soup. And is it good! The next time I'm sick, I'm going to ask for it by the gallon. It's so comforting, and it has so much flavor. We each had a cup, then Jean Paul had their Cuban sandwich (pictured above), and I had the crabmeat ravioli. They also have fantastic bread, served nice and warm.
As we walked back to the car after dinner, Jean Paul happened to look up at One Shell Square. Now I realize we were not in downtown Manhattan. But when you stand at the bottom of a 52-story building and look straight up, you can't help but be reminded of how amazing it is that man can build something so grand. The moon compelled me to take a picture.

No comments: