MMX. (or the year 2010.)

This is not a list of New Year's resolutions. I really thought about the person I want to be one year from now, and these little steps will help me get there.
  • The person I want to be is more of a morning person, so this year, I will initiate little rituals that should make my mornings more appealing, the first of which has been to set up my Google Reader subscriptions and read through them like a morning paper.
  • The person I want to be complains less.
  • The person I want to be meets new people and tries new restaurants, new shops and new experiences.
  • The person I want to be has a house that smells good, so I'll light one of our many scented candles whenever we're sitting around at home.
  • The person I want to be doesn't have 796 messages in her inbox, so I'll get that cleaned out and under control. I need a system...
  • The person I want to be has a collection of plants that thrive in her care. I'm not sure what to do to fix that issue.
  • The person I want to be drinks more water, fruit juice and tea than the person I am right now does.
  • The person I want to be keeps in closer touch with friends who have moved away.
  • The person I want to be walks her dog more often and for longer periods of time.
  • The person I want to be finds the time to read books. (The person I am right now reads textbooks quite often, magazines occasionally and spends entirely too much time flipping through flash cards.)
  • The person I want to be makes less of a big deal over cold weather.
  • The person I want to be eats more foods that start out raw and get cooked in my kitchen.
  • The person I want to be regularly posts to her blog and to Twitter.
So far, I'm off to a good start on that last one. ;)

No comments: